Some call them imponderables. They are those silly semantic quirks and inane realities of everyday life that we all hear, and are emailed by the dozens. They are oxymorons, paradoxes, and nonsensical things like…
* Why is there handicapped parking in front of skating rinks?
* Why is it that we park in driveways and drive on parkways?
* How can you have a jumbo shrimp?
* Why do banks leave their vault doors open, but chain their pens to the counter?
* Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
* Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food? Continue reading